Thursday, January 23, 2014

Finally - Socrative seminar II

First of all, I really like what we are doing today. I like being able to finish my daily work, have a cup of coffee, and then turn to this project. I work best when the "little things" are taken care of. However, I also like "having" to work on the PLC topic. It is not a kick but a gently push in the behind. Without it, it is so easy to put something else ahead of doing something "extra."
Well, I am using today to finally create reusable big sheets of paper with speech-introducing and other discussion phrases. We will place them as visuals in the middle of our discussion round aka Socrative seminar. I've wanted to try this all school year, and, as said above, it is good to have this time set aside for it.
My plan is to introduce the discussion technique in German III that has the most students traveling to Germany in the summer. They need to constantly work on overcoming their fear of speaking, and this activity will hopefully contribute to that. I will let you know how it goes. mo

No comments:

Post a Comment